Product Designer & 3D Modelling Specialist
Creativity & Modelling Team, Cairo, Egypt
Fab-Minds is looking for a 3D Modelling Specialist to develop, upgrade, and maintain the diverse and advanced 3D Modelling Libraries that is part of Fab-Minds' Products Bundle. The job will include the development of highly innovative and creative 3D Modelling solutions that form complete product libraries that should be available on our different platforms such as our mobile apps, web interfaces and our desktop solutions. The user will download these libraries and print them using Fab-Minds 3D Printers.
The job will include interaction with other engineering functions inside the company both in-site and overseas to ensure the delivery of high-quality solutions that meet our needs.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to engage in initial stages of the definition and development of different 3D Modelling Libraries and to participate in the support and maintenance of already available and deployed Libraries.
You must also be able to interact and manage the communication with different technical and non-technical stakeholders and formulate their requirements into functional requirements and eventually into creative product designs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Use modeling software and artistic skill to create, maintain, and update 3D models.
- Animate characters and objects for 3D arts.
- Create realistic virtual characters from verbal descriptions or reference images.
- Prototype and iterate on graphics, models and characters based on feedback from team members.
- Research upcoming projects to help find new ways to create designs or animations. This sometimes includes developing storyboards to map out how scenes will look.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, to conceive new model concepts through brainstorming, solo thinking, and rough design prototyping.
- Develop products concepts through drawing, modeling, and digital renderings.
- Contribute to product invention efforts.
- Contribute to application concept development, branding, packaging design, marketing, consumer analysis, and presentation.
- Self-driven with a sense of ownership and the ability to lead.
- Troubleshoot problems on reintegration of outsourced assets into the 3D arts.
- Keep up with the latest developments in 3D design, capture, modeling tools, and technologies.
- BSc/MSc in Product Design, Manufacturing Design Engineering, Architecture, or relevant field.
- Deep knowledge and mastering of 3D modelling and animation.
- Knowledge of game design is a nice plus.
- A good portfolio and technical skills are also necessary.
- 0-2 years of experience with 3D design and modeling applications such as 3ds Max, ZBrush, Fusion 360, Rhinoceros 3D or similar modeling software.
- Proficiency in graphic, photo, and video editing using the Adobe Suite.
- Extensive knowledge of character and model design.
- Ability to take feedback and make changes as required.
- Updated portfolio of previous work.
- Previous experience with physical toy design and can build interactive educational 3D models.
- Previous experience with 3D printers is a plus.
- Knowledge of 3D printing technologies is a plus.
Desired Candidate Qualities:
- Initiative-taking and willing to learn.
- Collaborative individual with strong problem-solving abilities.
- Has the ability to brainstorm innovative ideas on a regular basis and strategize ways to stand out from the competition.
- Should have an aptitude for art and creativity.
- Should have the talent for art and a strong understanding of color, texture, and light, and how these elements work together.
What we offer:
- Opportunities for growth through a wide spectrum of challenging assignments.
- Competitive compensation package and benefits in line with qualifications and experience.
- Respectful workplace with strong and diverse culture that encourages innovation and endorse equality.
- Continuous development of your skills through interaction and mentoring from highly skilled manager and peers as well as formal technical and non-technical trainings.
- Team spirit and passion for advancing the technology of additive manufacturing.
- Endorsement of employees' health and wellness as well as work-life balance.
- Flexible working hours and a Hybrid working model.