Senior Computer Vision Engineer
Engineering, Cairo, Egypt
Fab-Minds is looking for a Senior Computer Vision Engineering professional to develop, upgrade, and maintain the diverse and advanced IP AI-powered software stack of Fab-Minds' products. The job will include development of highly innovative machine learning models and agents to bridge the gap between advances in machine learning and the field of 3D printing and additive manufacturing. The job will include interaction with many other engineering functions inside the company both in-site and overseas to ensure the delivery of high-quality solutions that meets our needs.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to engage in early stages of the definition and development of different machine learning and compute vision models/agents and to participate in the support and maintenance of already available and deployed solutions. You must also be able to interact and handle the communication with different technical and non-technical stakeholders and formulate their requirements into functional requirements and eventually into software solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Architecting and designing custom solutions using state-of-the-art deep learning and artificial intelligence techniques.
- Overseeing deployments and new AI-driven feature releases.
- Collaborating & mentoring the team to identify and fix technical problems using AI tools and machine-learning models.
- Translate business needs to technical requirements.
- Conduct model training, model evaluation & code reviewing.
- Planning and mentoring in implementing changes to previously designed software to meet product vision & specifications.
- Work closely with the project manager to define the direction of the product and the priorities of deliverables.
- Understand and analyse Product Backlog features to identify any gaps or missing information needed to perform development and testing activities.
- Identifying risks and forming contingency plans as soon as possible.
- Writing progress reports and delivering presentations to the relevant stakeholders.
- Identifying differences in data distribution that could affect model performance in real-world situations.
- Running tests, performing statistical analysis, and interpreting test results.
- Evaluate different possible intelligent solutions.
- Participate in bug identification and fixation processes as well as test cases design.
- MSc/PhD. in computer science or computer engineering with a focus on AI/ML/CV.
- A minimum of 5 years development experience in computer vision, machine learning & deep learning.
- Excellent command of C++ and Python.
- Excellent command of major ML frameworks/libraries such as pyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras ...etc.
- Excellent knowledge of classic image processing techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of computer vision algorithms and libraries such as OpenCV.
- In-depth knowledge of mathematics, statistics, and algorithms.
- Strong experience in working with 3D data (meshes and pointclouds).
- Proven track record in the design, development, and optimisation of ML algorithms, with specific exprtise in 3D compoter vision, generative machine learning, and deep learning.
- Deep understanding of 3D modeling and geomentry processing concepts.
- Experience with image segmentation, convolutional neural networks (CNNs) and generative adversarial networks (GANs).
- Proficient in source code collaboration tools such as git and subversion.
- Experience in mobile-app development for cross-platform deployment is a big plus.
- Experience in deploying ML systems on different cloud platforms such as GCP, AWS ...etc.
- Hands-on experience in applying code standardization and quality tools.
- Excellent problem-solving skills using any of the required programming languages.
- Good command of different software design pattern and software architecture paradigms.
- Familiarity of different software development processes such as agile development is highly required.
- Experience with a variety of applications/use cases i.e. different industries that could include industrial, automotive or entertainment.
- Exposure to embedded platforms and an understanding of implementing to edge devices is a plus.
- Strong leadership and mentorship abilities.
- Excellent communication, multitasking, and interpersonal skills
What We Offer
- Opportunities for growth through a wide spectrum of challenging assignments.
- Competitive compensation package and benefits in line with qualifications and experience.
- Respectful workplace with strong and diverse culture that encourages innovation and endorse equality.
- Continuous development of your skills through interaction and mentoring from highly skilled manager and peers as well as formal technical and non-technical trainings.
- Team spirit and passion for advancing the technology of additive manufacturing.
- Endorsement of employees' health and wellness as well as work-life balance.
- Flexible working hours and a Hybrid working model.